Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Nikon D300 Shooting at 8 Frames per Second

0 comments
The Nikon D300 advertises that it can shoot up to 8 frames per second when the MB-D10 is attached. What's not advertised and I later found while searching the Internet is that for the camera to shoot up to 8 frames per second you need the EN-EL4a battery inside the MB-D10 instead of the EN-EL3e. The EN- EL4e is a bigger battery, costs more than the EN-EL3e and requires its own battery charger. You’ll also need the new battery chamber cover, BL-3. Fortunately for me, I had an extra EN-EL4e in my possession as I used it as a backup battery for my Nikon D2X. You can also get 8 frames per second by using the AA battery (8 batteries) adaptor that comes with the MB-D10. I've read reports that some photographers are getting up to 1000 shots with the AA batteries and it's much less expensive that buying the additional EN-EL4e and EN-EL4e battery charger.

Comments

0 comments to "Nikon D300 Shooting at 8 Frames per Second"

 

All text and images copyright © 2009 All rights reserved. Randy Harris Photography