Tuesday, December 2, 2008

First Attempt Using Umbrella's and Speedlights

0 comments
After watching Nikon’s new A Hands-on Guide to Creative Lighting DVD and David Hobby’s Strobist Lighting Seminar DVD I set up my first photo shoot. I was able to find two willing participates to sit and listen to me talk to myself as I walked through the process of adjusting my aperture, shutter speed, and ISO to get me lighting ratio’s correct. One of the many things I learned from both DVD’s is that Shutter Speed controls the ambient light and Aperture controls the amount of flash hitting the sensor. With this in mind I set up my umbrellas and three Nikon SB-800’s and had some fun. Here are a couple of shots from the shoot.

Delaney
Delaney
Merisa
Merisa

Comments

0 comments to "First Attempt Using Umbrella's and Speedlights"

 

All text and images copyright © 2009 All rights reserved. Randy Harris Photography