Saturday, March 21, 2009

Notre Dame Silhouette

0 comments
Notre Dame
I went down to Notre Dame to climb the 387 stairs to the top of the towers. I arrived early, about 9:15am to get in line and waited for the entrance to open at 10:00am. I was the third person in line, pulled out a book about Paris and read for awhile.

As it approached 10:00am, a person approached the entrance, unlocked the padlock to the door and then told the lady in front of me in French that the Notre Dame workers were on strike for the day. The Tower tour would not be open for the day.

I went out to the front of the cathedral with all the other hundreds of tourists and took photos of the ancient building. One unique composition I came up with was to shoot the gargoyles as a silhouette.

Comments

0 comments to "Notre Dame Silhouette"

 

All text and images copyright © 2009 All rights reserved. Randy Harris Photography